Humans are roller coasters of emotions on a regular and the current crisis is not helping our anxious and fearful hearts. That’s why I have chosen not to let my emotions rule my life. I’m choosing instead to put my trust and hope in God who never changes and whose words are eternal. I’m choosing to pray and declare His truth over my life and the world. Since I know many of us may be struggling with praying in this season, I have compiled some Declarations for a time like this. These prayers are personal and global, as they speak to individual hearts and cooperate needs. So, speak these words over and over until you feel the atmosphere change. Until your spirit aches so much that you can’t help but pray. Some of these are bible verses, while others are things that I feel in the depth of my heart to believe for.
1. Dear God, thank you for your unending faithfulness. You are the creator of the world and it is all yours! You have only good intentions for your world and I know that you are bringing good out of this pandemic.
2. Faithful God, you have done it before and you will DO IT AGAIN. You have healed our Land in the past and you are still in the miraculous healing business. I declare your healing over the earth and everyone/everything in Jesus Name.
3. Psalm 91:3 ‘For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.” Paraphrased- For He will rescue me from every trap and protect me from every deadly disease!
4. Dear Daddy, my emotions are all over the place right now. Some days, I’m calm and trust you with all my heart. Other days, I’m scared and anxious of the unknown. I pray that your peace and rest will find me now and forever! I choose to let your Holy Spirit guide my feelings and emotions.
5. God, you have stopped our world for a reason and you have my attention. May I learn to turn away from my worldly idols and find solace in YOU alone. May I come out of this a better disciple than I was.
6. God, you are a relational being. Hence, community is so integral to my Christian walk, even though I don’t value it sometimes. In this season, help me learn to lean on those around me and be a shoulder for them to lean on. Highlight those around me in need and give me the boldness to reach out with your TRUTH and LOVE.
7. God, you are ALL knowing and EVER present. Your eyes see the whole earth and every single being. Please show up to everyone who is searching for you right now. Reveal your heart and purpose to them. Don’t leave them helpless!
8. Jehovah Jireh, you are our ultimate provider! We need your provision like never before. Provide for me spiritually, financially, and emotionally! Provide for our nations, cities, and communities. Grant national leaders wisdom and capacity to navigate this time. Provide amenities for those who are desperately in need and can’t afford them.
9. Holy Spirit, you embody Comfort. Since you know those who have lost loved ones due to this virus, please comfort them as you best do. Give your children the hope that they will be reunited with their loved ones on that glorious day when you come again!
10. FAITH AND HOPE. God please show me what these two words mean in this season. Help me live my life filled with Faith and Hope in Jesus Christ.
AMEN. I pray these declarations are timely for everyone who reads them. I also pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal to you specifically what he wants you to be declaring for a time like this. Feel free to share more prayers and declarations with everyone in the comment. Lastly, I pray your week is filled with Peace, Faith, and Hope.